Note: This is a test kit that will be mailed to you and requires a blood draw. It is your responsibility to arrange the blood draw for your kit.
Fasting Required: No
Special Instructions: Specimen MUST be sent overnight to the lab Monday thru Thursday ONLY
Blood MUST be received by the lab within 10 days of the draw
DO NOT FREEZE prior to shipping
Children must be 18 months or older.
The following are interfering substances and should be discontinued unless directed otherwise by your physician:
- Inhalers – Discontinue use 3 days prior to testing
- Oral Medications – Discontinue use 14 days prior to testing
- Injectable Medications – Discontinue use 14 days prior to testing
- Antihistamines – Discontinue use 10 days prior to testing
The following are interfering substances but a physician MUST be consulted before discontinuing:
- Some steroids for joint inflammation
Results: 5 – 7 Business Days
Candida albicans is a common yeast which normally exists on and in our bodies. Sometimes Candida can “overgrow” in the intestinal tract as a result of frequent dosage of antibiotics or steroids, use of oral contraceptives and diets high in sugar and yeast-containing foods. Candida that enters the blood causes the production of immunoglobulins which can be detected by this test.
Candida albicans Immunoassay is performed by Immuno Labs & comprised of:
1. Immunodiffusion – to detect precipitating antibodies to both Candida cytoplasm and mannan antigen fraction
2. Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) – uses the cytoplasmic protein of Candida albicans as the antigen for detecting specific IgG.
Note: Result turnaround times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.