Note: This is a home collection test kit that will be mailed to you.
Fasting Required: No
Results: 7-10 Business days
Note: Result turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.
Do not eat anything for at least 8 hours prior to morning urine collection
• It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements or oral hormones prior to this test. Abnormalities that may be found will reveal special needs that have not been met by recent dietary and supplemental intake.
• Decrease fluid intake to avoid excessive dilution of the urine
– For adults, restrict intake to three 8 oz. glasses or less for 24 hours
– Make sure that no more than 8 oz. of this is consumed after 8:00 PM the
evening prior to urine collection
• Do not collect urine during menstruation
• Vial contains preservative – Do Not Rinse
• Collection is preferred on days 18-25 after the start of the menstrual cycle
• Follow-up testing should be done on corresponding days (from initial
collection) of the menstrual cycle
• Timing is not important for post-menopausal women
• Testing is not recommended during pregnancy
The Estronex Profile measures six important estrogen metabolites and their ratios to help women, and even men, assess whether he or she is at risk of developing estrogen sensitive cancers. Estrogen sensitive cancers include uterine, ovarian, cervical, prostate, and even head and neck cancers.
The Estronex Profile measures six important forms of estrogen:
The “good” estrogen:
• 2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE1) – reduces cancer growth
• 2-hydroxyestradiol (2-OHE2) – exhibits anti-carcinogenic effects
• 2-methoxyestrone (2-OMeE1) – shown to have anti-cancer effects
• 4-methoxyestrone (4-OMeE1) – non-cancerous
The “bad” estrogen:
• 4-hydroxyestrone (4-OHE1) – may react negatively with damaged DNA
• 16-a-hydroxyestrone (16a-OHE1) – encourages tumor development